How exactly will Mobile NY Sports Betting follow RFP New Hampshire?
Cell phone, mobile phone NEW Sports betting is a signature that is not legal, although no one can explain exactly what it will look like.
The New York Assembly took his time on the floor Wednesday but eventually the state happened $ 212 billion Budget. The Senate also passed the law, which means it is a law Governor Andrew Cuomo Signature before completion.
Cuomo is of course mainly due to the mobile sports betting model. He announced he was open to legalizing mobile betting December, only to disappoint much of the industry and consumers with its model that reflects New HampshireLottery basopoly.
There are very few details about what New York mobile sports betting will look like based on legislative language. There will be one at least two Platform providers who win with a at least four Entire skins. Additional platform providers could be licensed if additional licensees are “in the best interests of the state”.
The bill lists some of the criteria that must be considered by the New York State Gaming Commission, but what will weigh the heaviest is still unclear.
Criteria for RFP for NY Mobile Sports Betting
There are nine Specific factors listed in New York law that will determine the winners. The following list is in the same order as the legal text:
- A market analysis that explains how the bidder will do this Maximize Revenue to the state.
- Estimates of mobile betting revenue generated under different scenarios.
- The percentage of mobile betting revenue that will be shared with New York in these scenarios. The The minimum is 50%. All winners must accept the highest number offered by a winner in order to qualify.
- Possible market share of the platform’s skins in these different scenarios.
- Promotion and promotional plans.
- Past experience and expertise.
- The “ability of the bidder to bring authorized sports bettors to its platform quickly and effectively”.
- A demonstration of how the bidder promotes racial, ethnic and gender diversity in the workplace.
- The period in which a bidder can start sports betting once they have received a license.
The text also says that additional points will be added to any bid that includes a skin for any of the state’s three tribal game partners.
These elements then appear to be out of order of importance Sen. Joe Addabbo Jr. This speed to market is an important criterion. He hopes for a thriving mobile sports betting market in New York Super bowl.
How will the RFP process for mobile sports betting in New York reflect NH?
With Cuomo pointing to the New Hampshire Throughout the process, it makes sense to check how exactly the RFP has developed in sports betting Granite state.
DraftKings Sports Betting eventually won a mobile and retail sports betting monopoly in New Hampshire after the offer 50% of revenue to the state. There was 13 bidders but only for up to five licenses BetMGM and platform providers warehouse were selected according to the offer summary next to DraftKings for price proposals.
The bids were rated from 1,000 points on nine Categories:
- Strength of sports betting: 175 points
- Strength of hardware and software for sports betting: 175 points
- Design and implementation of the sports betting product: 150 points
- Company experience, resources and financial stability: 125 points
- Company Integrity and Ethics: 100 points
- Economic development in New Hampshire: 100 points
- Compliance program: 75 points
- Responsible gaming: 75 points
- Accounting and auditing program: 25 points
DraftKings won with a score of 810, second with Kambi 775 and BetMGM in third place with 765. The point summaries were not broken down where points were lost.
The economic impact is likely to be most important for New York
Cuomo presented his plan as the best way for New York State to benefit from sports betting. His suggestion appreciated $ 500 million in annual revenue to the state from mobile betting.
At this point, Cuomo and his office reasonably know that various projections are suggesting it $ 500 million A year is a big question. For this reason, New York’s cut in mobile betting revenue is likely to be the most important consideration in the process.
According to PlayNY, every adult would have to bet $ 615 annually for New York to hit that $ 500 million mark. That presupposes a Hold 10% on $ 10 billion under control, both are generous figures.
Who are the favorites?
DraftKings and FanDuel will both be interested in a New York license. For one of them, however, this could be more difficult as it is still unclear how the platform provider-skin relationship will work.
When the skins need to use the platform’s technology, questions will be asked about how DraftKings would make them work logistically.
The parent company of FanDuel flutter also owns Fox BetA bid with these two skins seems natural. DraftKings may need to find another sports betting partner SBTech Platform to come up with a different skin.
Politics makes strange bedfellows?
Whatever the odds, both companies are playing remarkably well.
“We would like to thank lawmaker and Governor Cuomo for the progress that has been made in bringing legal, regulated and mobile sports betting to New York,” he said Griffin Finan, Vice President of Government Affairs and Associate General Counsel for DraftKings. “We look forward to learning more as the process evolves.”
The songbook sounded the same from FanDuel.
“We are excited about this important step in bringing legal, regulated mobile sports betting to New York, and we are grateful for the leadership of the governor and legislature,” said FanDuel VP Chris Jones said. “We look forward to the next steps in the process and hope that we will ultimately be able to offer our FanDuel Sportsbook product to our customers in our home state.”